Wooden Pallets - Pooling with a strong, sustainable resource
The timber for CHEP lumber pallets is sourced from tree plantations that must meet rigorous standards and regularly undergo compliance audits. The CHEP pooling model promotes the repair and reuse of pallets and CHEP recycles broken or damaged components rather than sending them to the landfill.
CHEP also manufactures composite blocks from waste timber recovered from the repair of pallets at service centres and from waste fibre collected at sawmills where the timber from plantations is processed. This initiative alone can reduce the felling of up to 4,000 trees per annum worldwide.
Wooden Pallets - the benefits for your business
- Save time and money - CHEP pallets are compatible with existing supply chain infrastructure
- Achieve greater efficiencies during transport and storage with 2-way or 4-way entry design
- Confidence in pallet quality with consistency of repair via CHEP's extensive worldwide service network
- Gain increased load stability and reduced product damage with quality pallet construction
- Reduce occupational health and safety risks to the workforce through the ability to safely rack and carry heavy loads
- Realise improved operational efficiency in automated production and warehousing facilities
- Save energy and material costs with an environmentally friendly outsourced solution
- CHEP pallets are maintained to meet industry requirements
- Timber pallets are reusable and recyclable
- Pooled wood pallets are durable, cost effective and environmentally sustainable
- CHEP simplifies your logistics process so you can focus on your business